BEFORE YOU MOVE IN:
- Pre-tenancy holding deposit: is equal to one weeks rent. Please note, this is deducted from the first month’s rent.
- A damage deposit of a month's rent + £50 capped at not more than 5 weeks rent.
The holding deposit is refundable in the following circumstances:
IN FULL – If the offer is not accepted by the landlord or the landlord withdraws their offer or the property from the market or if the landlord decides the completed ‘PASS’ references are unsatisfactory.
IN PART – If the tenant(s) withdraw their offer and referencing has commenced but has not yet been completed, then a charge up to the full amount can be deducted to cover any costs accumulated.
If the tenant(s) provided false or misleading referencing information or fail Right to Rent checks and the landlord is unable to re let the property by the estimated tenancy start date below, a charge up to the full amount can be deducted to cover any costs accumulated.
DURING YOUR TENANCY:
- Rent payments.
- Utility services such as gas, electricity or water.
- Change of tenant during your tenancy fee £108.00 (inc VAT).
- Where keys, fobs or remote controls are lost, if we wish to assist you, we will charge the actual cost of a replacement if you collect the required item(s) from our office. If we have to meet you at the property, we will charge our time at £18.00 inc VAT per hour plus the cost of the lost item(s). If the keys, fobs or remote controls are lost outside of business hours you must contact an emergency locksmith and pay the cost(s) yourself. We have neither a contractual or statutory obligation to assist with lost keys, fobs or remote controls. If you want extra keys for other family occupiers, you will have to arrange and pay for this yourself. Extra keys would also need to be confirmed in writing to Mansons.
- When a tenant requests early termination of the tenancy agreement and the landlord agrees, a fee not exceeding £360.00 (inc VAT) will be applicable to cover costs associated with, referencing and marketing. The tenant will be liable for the rent until suitable replacement tenant secured and until the new tenancy commencement date is agreed.
- Unpaid/late rent: This will be charged at 3% interest above the Bank of England base rate per year once the rent is 14 days overdue, until the rent arrears are paid up to date.
- If you do not respond to the letters about arrears and as a result we or our agent have to visit you at home, you will pay our reasonable costs of not more than £50.00 (inc VAT). You can avoid this by keeping in contact.
- Other fees and charges; Charges would apply dependent on nature of the landlords items lost or damaged (tenant fault).
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS RELATING TO OUR FEES, PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF.
We accept payment by debit cards & electronic bank transfer. We do not accept cash, cheques or credit cards.
Please note that Mansons Property Consultants are also a member of the following client money protection and redress schemes.
UKALA Client Money Protection (member number 084477)
The Property Ombudsman (TPO) (Redress Scheme)